MARRIAGE - FACTS CAN ALSO BE HUMOROUS!!!!

I received these cute one-liners on marriage as a forward. Having been married for over 30 years now, I could still laugh out loud after reading some of these thoughts on marriage.

It appears to me that they have been coined by some irreverent men. I dare not join this gang, lest........

I enjoyed reading them. Hope you do too!!!!


-Marriage is a relationship in which one person is always right and the other is the husband!

-Don't marry the person you want to live with, marry the one you cannot live without, but whatever you do, you'll regret it later.

-Marriage is give and take. You'd better give it to her or she'll take it anyway.

-My wife and I always compromise. I admit I'm wrong, and she whole heartedly agrees with me.

-A successful marriage requires falling in love many times, always with the same person.

-It doesn't matter how often a married man changes his job, he still ends up with the same boss.

-They call our language the mother tongue because the father seldom gets to speak!

-Man: Is there any way for long life?
Dr: Get married.
Man: Will it help?
Dr: No, but then the thought of long life will never come.

-Why do couples hold hands during their wedding? It's a formality just like two boxers shaking hands before the fight begins!

-Wife: Darling today is our anniversary, what should we do?
Husband: Let us stand in silence for 2 minutes.

-It's funny when people discuss Love Marriage vs Arranged. It's like asking someone, if suicide is better or being murdered.

-There is only one perfect wife in the world, and every neighbor has it!


I disagree with the last one though; I have a perfect wife......and my wife insists that I always say so!!!!

Comments

How do we know said…
aah.. i like that last line best!
Nagesh said…
Nice Forwards,

I always say to my married colleagues that they have only "Suzerainty" and not "sovereignty"

what is your view ? :)
Smita said…
ha ha ha...

the last few ones are the best...

2nd one I have heard loads of time but without the last few words :D

Thoug I don't agree with what is said here but it is good to laugh at ;-)
OG said…
:) lol jpj sir,

that is a great collection... and thankfully, i am still happily single... :P
Indyeah said…
LOL!Good for laughs:D
though a lot of women can reverse the roles and lament the men I suppose:D

happily single and loving it:D
J P Joshi said…
How do we know: You know what.....my wife too liked it!!

Nagesh: Yes, you are right..... and, after 30 years of experience, I believe, it is better this way, because she knows better than me as to what is best for the home. Men, like me, are not very good at this. She is the one who makes a house, our home. This is probably God's gift to the stronger sex.

BTW, I had to look up the dictionary to get the correct meaning of these words...thank you for helping me learn two new words...
J P Joshi said…
Smita: Agree with you..."Thoug I don't agree with what is said here but it is good to laugh at ;-)". The idea is to keep it light hearted, it sure helps.

Un OG: "thankfully, i am still happily single". For how long though?? Marriage is absolutely necessary for personal growth...it teaches one to live beyond oneself, even under great adverse circumstances \(^_^)/. On a serious note, none of us would be here, but for this great institution. I believe in it wholeheartedly.

Indyeah: Same as above. Yes, this is supposed to be unisex, like all else these days....one should be able to laugh at these things together with one's spouse.
Piper .. said…
ha ha!! LOVED reading this!!! Especially your last line Sir!!!!
am going to fwd it to The G forthwith!! :):)
J P Joshi said…
Piper: I am happy that you loved it - that was the whole purpose...Marriage is too serious a business to leave it to our serious side...it needs light hearted banter to keep it alive and growing.