GARLIC (LAHSUN) THERAPY - A PERSONAL ACCOUNT

Disclaimer: I hate taking medicines (chemicals), and have now come to believe that we should not live in discomfort, but should not needlessly take in chemicals too. I also believe that our body gives us indications by way of pain, temperature changes, discomfort, etc., whenever things are not chemically right with it.

I had gone on a short trip to India and had this feeling that something was not right with my body. I called up Dr Lal's path labs and fixed up for a technician to come and collect our blood samples and do all possible tests on it. The tests confirmed the reasons for my uneasiness.

My cholesterol, LDL, Triglycerides were too high. The doctor advised me to take Statins and blood thinners to bring the levels down. I had stopped taking all these in 2008, exactly one year after my bypass surgery in 2007. My bypass surgery will be another story, and also why I stopped taking all forms of medicine. I now take chemicals in only to relieve body pains/ discomfort, and antibiotics when needed, and this is very rare, as I am fit, healthy, alive and kicking at 65, nearly 10 years after quitting all medicines for the heart.

I was reluctant to restart them; my wife was keen that I follow the doctor's advice. I asked her for a period of two months to experiment with nature cure, before I started taking in chemicals. It is during the same period that I got a forward on whatsapp on the benefits of garlic on lowering cholesterol.

I started taking one clove of peeled and minced garlic, empty stomach, first thing in the morning with water. I continued this religiously for about 2 months and got another blood test done on 09th February 2018. 

There has been a noticeable drop in all three parameters that were out of sync. In addition, there has been a noticeable improvement in my bowel movements ever since I started with this one clove of garlic; my bowels have always been an issue all my life.

The whatsapp forward had mentioned that one must start with one clove and increase it to two cloves once one gets used to it. I have started taking two cloves wef 10th February 2018 and would get a blood test done again on 10th April 2018, and would share the results again. In the meanwhile, I believe that Lahsun therapy works both for blood chemistry as well as bowel movement; the results may be slow, but they are sure, and natural.

Lahsun therapy works. In addition to regulating my bowels perfectly, all vital blood parameters have come down substantially, as follows:
  • Total Cholesterol from 357 to 269; 
  • Triglycerides from 195 to 171; 
  • LDL from 258 to 153. 
  • I was taking only 01 clove for 2 months; recommended is to go to 2 cloves.
Best of luck to all those with the same problem and those who hate taking medicines, like me.

Comments

How do we know said…
Yes. This is true. We also use a LOT of garlic and ginger in the house. You took it raw, we use it in cooking. Glad that it worked for u. Here are some others that will definitely work:

When you get a diabetes diagnosis, don't start metformin or any other drug. Just take raw bitter gourd first thing in the morning. Start with 2 thin slices and move to as much as you want.
J P Joshi said…
HDWK: Thank you for your comment. We too use a lot of garlic and ginger in our cooking, but it is most effective when crushed or cut, when raw. It contains an organic sulphur compound by the name of allicin, which is manufactured naturally when the garlic is crushed or cut.

Therefore, the best way to consume garlic is raw, or to crush and cut it and leave it out for a while before you add it to your recipes.
How do we know said…
I have changed the way we use garlic in cooking, and have also started taking it raw on some mornings. :)
J P Joshi said…
HDWK: Thank you for your feedback. There is plenty of material on the Lahsun, I find. :)