Let us help Build a New India

Every day I use/ need the following things to live my life
  • Food items that include vegetables, milk, wheat atta, rice, curds, lentils, salt, sugar, ghee, masalas, etc to name just a few.
  • Medicines 
  • Television programmes
  • Internet facilities
  • Highway/ Road infrastructure
  • Railway trains and infrastructure
  • Bridges on rivers
  • Schools/ Colleges/ Universities
  • Cars/ Scooters/ Bicycles/ Buses
  • Town administration, which includes policing and public utilities like water, electricity, garbage collection, sewerage facilities and disposal, etc.
  • Newspaper
  • Domestic help
  • Communication facilities like landlines/ cell phones
  • Petrol/ Diesel pumps
  • LPG supplies
  • Consumer durable items likes refrigerators, televisions, washing machines, etc.
  • Parks/ Open spaces
  • And much much more
I buy/ am provided all this from the market/ by the different levels of government/ private/ public companies.

My life would be incomplete without these services being provided to me. Never have I even bothered to find out the religion of the person who provides me some, or all these; all I know is some human being like me is providing them.  

My religion is only important to me, and to every other human being too, when I wish to have a personal moment with my Creator; it has nothing to do with my worldly needs.

This being so how come there is so much noise in India about religion. A human being is killed and the reaction of our political system is based on the religion of the person killed. 

Can politics only be a win-lose equation?

Can't we have a political discourse which is win-win, where every human being who is a citizen wins? How can it come about? 

I believe it can only happen when people are not swayed by emotive issues, but rely more on worldly issues that are common to all human beings, like some of them listed above. Religion has no role there.

Let us discard pseudo-secularism and become really secular in our thoughts, words, and actions while voting. 

We hold the key. A large segment of our citizenry is not as lucky as us; let us do our part to do our part in nation building by speaking with all those we come in contact with. 

Every drop makes the ocean - do you agree?


Comments